In 2022, CARE:
- Formed 2 Boards of Older Adult Advisors, each with 10 community members, that provide guidance to health researchers
- Grew the CARE Affiliate program to include 36 people representing 12 disciplines
- Engaged 11 community partners for the interprofessional service-learning course Community Supports for People with Dementia (Nursing 511)
- Recruited 160+ older adult volunteers for one-on-one meetings with School of Nursing undergraduate students
- Collaborated with 5 hospitals and 13 advisors to develop a Dementia Friendly Hospital Toolkit with 8 interactive role play scenarios, 5 training videos, 12 training handouts, and a guide to planning a hospital training program
- Held 4 focus groups to help UW Hospital engage staff in Age-Friendly care
Read our 2022 annual report.