The Center for Aging Research and Education (CARE) supports discoveries that improve aging, and builds the skills and capacity of those who care for older adults.
To transform quality of life and quality of care for older adults and their caregivers.
- Further aging research and scholarship by building mutually beneficial relationships between the UW–Madison School of Nursing and campus and community partners across healthcare settings
- Prepare undergraduate students to work with older adults by increasing faculty use of gerontology experts and quality resources on older adult health
- Improve older adult quality of care by increasing use of School of Nursing workforce development resources
- Increase the number of high impact and high visibility aging research grants awarded to School of Nursing faculty
- Encourage undergraduate student interest in working with older adults by providing opportunities to learn about older adult health and challenge ageist stereotypes throughout School of Nursing programs