Our Workshops Expanding Caregiver Awareness and Resources (WECARe) were offered in 2019 and 2020 to bring training and tools to family caregivers of people with dementia and respite care providers across the state.
The two-hour WECARe workshop covered:
- Techniques to communicate with and advocate for people living with dementia
- Understanding and responding to behaviors that challenge us
- The benefits of respite care
In 2020, all WECARe events were online. Locations in the following list indicate local partners, not locations:
- Washington County – October 6, 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Manawa – November 9, 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Florence County – November 12, 4:30 to 6:30 pm
- Barron County – November 18, 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Lunch and learn – November 23, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
WECARe workshops were offered by the Respite Care Association of Wisconsin (RCAW) and CARE, and are made possible by a generous grant from the Helen Daniels Bader Fund of Bader Philanthropies.