Our Workshops Expanding Caregiver Awareness and Resources (WECARe) bring training and tools to family caregivers of people with dementia and respite care providers across the state.
The two-hour WECARe workshop covers:
- Techniques to communicate with and advocate for people living with dementia
- Understanding and responding to behaviors that challenge us
- The benefits of respite care
In 2020, all WECARe events will be online. Locations in the following list indicate local partners, not locations:
- Washington County – October 6, 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Manawa – November 9, 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Florence County – November 12, 4:30 to 6:30 pm
- Barron County – November 18, 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Waupun – date TBD
Click here to register for any of our 2020 events. Registrants will receive online meeting details.
WECARe workshops are offered by the Respite Care Association of Wisconsin (RCAW) and CARE, and are made possible by a generous grant from the Helen Daniels Bader Fund of Bader Philanthropies.
Our 2019 WECARe workshops were held at:
- La Crosse, La Crosse County
- Dodgeville, Iowa County
- Menomonie, Dunn County
- Antigo, Langlade County
- River Falls, Pierce County
- Madison, Dane County