In 2019 and 2020, the Respite Care Association of Wisconsin (RCAW) and CARE will work with local partners to bring training and tools to family caregivers of people with dementia and respite care providers across the state.
Our Workshops Expanding Caregiver Awareness and Resources (WECARe) build on caregiver listening sessions organized by the Wisconsin Women’s Council and RCAW in 2018. In those sessions, many family caregivers—especially those caring for people with dementia—said they wanted access to more training and tools.
Each WECARe workshop is tailored to meet the needs of the community. Featured resources at family caregiver sessions may include the Dementia Friendly Toolkit, Agefully, or How to Hire a Respite Care Provider. For community members interested in becoming respite care providers to people of any age, sessions may include the Wisconsin Lifespan Respite Training or Healthy Aging with Intellectual Disability.
These free workshops are made possible by a generous grant from the Helen Daniels Bader Fund of Bader Philanthropies.
Online registration is now open for our 2019 WECARe workshops:
- June 27, La Crosse, La Crosse County
- July 9, Appleton, Outagamie County – CANCELLED
- July 29, Dodgeville, Iowa County
- August 13, Menomonie, Dunn County
- September 11, Antigo, Langlade County
- September 18, River Falls, Pierce County
- October 9, Madison, Dane County
- October 24, Fond du Lac, Fond du Lac County
If you are interested in hosting WECARe workshops in 2020, please contact CARE at email@example.com or 608-265-4330.